Monday, August 25, 2014

Bout of Books 11 -- Day 7

I awoke very early and picked up Destroyer Angel to finish the last few chapters. I am now caught up with this series and waiting on Nevada Barr to publish another in the mystery series starring ranger Anna Pigeon. Next up was a choice between A Mortal Taste for Bones by Ellis Peters, the first book in her Brother Cadfael medieval mystery series, and Cooking the Books, the last in Kerry Greenwood's Corrina Chapman mystery series. After reading a couple of pages of the Cadfael boook, I decided to read Cooking the Books. It promises to be a rather quick read.

I didn't spend quite as much time reading as on Saturday. In addition to a few family commitments, hubby and I watched the final episode of True Blood. (Although I enjoyed the TV adaptation, I did find it tiresome and I'm glad it has ended. The books were better overall.) All-in-all, my read-a-thon experience was very good. I read over 1000 pages and completed four books. I'm looking forward to Bout of Books 12.

Visited

Saturday, 23 August

Number of books I've read today: 2
Number of pages I've read today: 159
Total number of pages read: 1186
Number of books completed today: 1
Total number of books completed: 4

Currently reading

Cooking the Books by Kerry Greenwood

Completed Books

Forbidden Fruit by Kerry Greenwood Miss Tonks Turns to Crime by M C Beaton Beginnings, edited by David Weber Destroyer Angel by Nevada Barr

No comments:

Post a Comment