Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Bout of Books 11 -- Day 1

For the first day of the Bout of Books, I was able to dedicate all my spare time to the read-a-thon. Early in the day, I visited the blogs of four other participants to read their Goals. I left a comment and will be going back to visit later in the week. And, I read over 100 pages on Monday and listened to an hour of an audio book.

Visited:

As I had planned, I continued to read Forbidden Fruit, the fifth book in Kerry Greenwood's mystery series starring baker Corrina Chapman. I set it aside at supper time to read a novella, “A Call to Arms” by Timothy Zahn. This appears in Beginnings, an anthology of short works set in the Honorverse of David Weber. I also listened to 66 minutes of Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World by Jack Weatherford. I'm still in chapter one and have about 11 hours more to listen to. It may take a while to finish the book, we'll see what time I find to listen.

Statistics

Monday, 18 August

Number of books I've read today: 3
Number of pages I've read today: 147
Total number of pages read: 147
Number of books completed today: 0
Total number of books completed: 0

Currently reading

Forbidden Fruit by Kerry Greenwood Beginnings, edited by David Weber Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World by Jack Weatherford

No comments:

Post a Comment