Thursday, August 22, 2013

Bout of Books — TBR Pile Mini Challenge

Ellie at Musings of a Book Shop Girl, has challenged the Bout of Books participants to talk about their TBR (to be read) stacks. Because, of course, any avid reader always has large stacks of books which she intends to read when time permits.

  1. Which 5 books are at the top of your TBR pile at this moment?
  2. If I gave you a wad of cash and sent you into a bookshop right now, which 5 books would you buy to add to the stack?

My answers

Well, the top 5 books in my TBR pile are books that have a deadline associated with them. The very first book is Black Magic Sanction by Kim Harrison. I picked it up from the library on Saturday afternoon and therefore it is due back on the 31st. I had business travel scheduled for Monday through Thursday and didn't bring it with me because I do not want to take a risk of losing it. The next couple of books are cozy mysteries that I owe to book swappers from the BookObsessed site. I'll be reading 'Til Dice Do Us Part by Gail Oust, All Natural Murder by Staci McLaughlin, and 50% Off Murder by Josie Belle. When I complete those, I have a book loaded on my Kindle that I will read—the last book in Lauren Haney's Lieutenant Bak mystery series set in ancient Egypt, A Path of Shadows

Black Magic Sanction by Kim Harrison 'Til Dice Do Us Part by Gail Oust All Natural Murder by Staci McLaughlin 50% Off Murder by Josie Belle A Path of Shadows by Lauren Haney

And what would I buy if someone else were paying for it? Hmmm... I really don't have any burning wishes. So, I'd probably go strolling through the bookstore and take whatever catches my eye. Since I have so much fun with book swapping at BookObsessed, I'd probably pick mass-market paperbacks to keep the postage down when it's time to ship a book to another swapper. So -- using the Amazon.com web site as a substitute for the brick-and-mortar store, here are 5 books that grabbed my attention: Sky Dragons by Anne and Todd McCaffrey, Dragonwriter edited by Todd McCaffrey, The Heist by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg, A Werewolf in Manhattan by Vicki Lewis Thompson, and Dust by Hugh Howey.

Sky Dragons by Anne & Todd McCaffrey Dragonwriter edited by Todd McCaffrey The Heist by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg A Werewolf in Manhattan by Vicki Lewis Thompson Dust by Hugh Howey

No comments:

Post a Comment