Sunday, August 18, 2013

Bout of Books 8.0

Bout of Books The 8th Bout of Books read-a-thon starts tonight at midnight. I had almost forgotten about it when I received a reminder notice on my cell phone. So, I need to pull together a reading (and blogging) plan for the week. The last Bout of Books that I participated in was 6.0 in January of this year. The server hosting my primary reading blog is offline, so I'm moving things to LiveJournal for the week-long event.

Update 2 Jan 2014: I'm copying all book-related posts to the restored reading blog.

At this very moment, there are 435 readers who have signed up for Bout of Books 8.0, I should be #436 unless there's someone else signing up at the last minute. I'm looking forward to visiting a number of blogs to see what people are reading this week. Many of the participants will also be tweeting about their experiences, but I don't think I'll be using Twitter much this week. If you're interested in following tweets, search for or track the tag #boutofbooks.

In case you're wondering:

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

No comments:

Post a Comment