Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Bout of Books — Day 1

Bout of Books Bout of Books Day 1 :: 19 August 2013

I started out the first day of the week-long Bout of Books read-a-thon by recording the starting position in books which I had already started reading. That, and recording a new “current” position each morning, will allow me to report exactly how many pages (or page equivalents in eBooks) which I have read each day.

Monday was a travel day for me, so I started reading Fuzzy Nation on the Kindle app in my iPhone when I hopped into the car for hubby to take me to the airport. After clearing security, I settled down in the Admiral's Club to wait and got a little bit further along in the book. On the airplane, I had to shut off all electronic devices during take-off and landing, so I spent that time reading A Killer Read, but returned to the iPhone as soon as the “all clear” was given.

Upon arrival, I drove directly to the work location and spent the entire afternoon working. I grabbed supper on the way from work to my hotel, so was very glad to get checked into my room and settle down to more reading. I finished Fuzzy Nation and immediately started reading Little Fuzzy, the original “Fuzzy” novel by H. Beam Piper. Although I read it many years ago, I wanted to re-read it right away so I could compare it to Scalzi's re-telling of the story.

Start:

  • Flesh of the God, page 4
  • Fuzzy Nation, page 46
  • A Killer Read, page 68

End:

  • Flesh of the God, page 4
  • Fuzzy Nation, page 303 (finished)
  • A Killer Read, page 96
  • Little Fuzzy, page 7

Bout of Books :: Day 1 summary

Books read today: 3
Books finished today: 1
Pages read today: 360
Total books finished: 1
Total pages read: 360

Fuzzy Nation by John Scalzi A Killer Read by Erika Chase Little Fuzzy by H Beam Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment