Monday, January 24, 2005

Skeleton Man

Skeleton Man I think this is the most recent of the Jim Chee and Joe Leaphorn novels from Tony Hillerman. Sometimes when I enjoy a series or author as much as this one, I lose track of what I've read and what I haven't.

In this novel, Hillerman introduces a decades old mystery involving the robbery of a remote trading post that Leaphorn had investigated long before his retirement. Now it appears that event may be related to an even earlier mid-air collision over the Grand Canyon and the recent murder of a local jeweler. Mix into this a contested will which DNA evidence may help resolve, Hopi religious practices, and the engagement of Jim Chee to Bernadette Manualito and you have another delightful novel set along the northern border of Arizona and New Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment