Monday, June 25, 2012

#WWReatathon -- wrapping it all up

Wicked Wildfire Read-A-Thon
 
Summary:
Total number of books I've read: 4
Total number of pages I've read: 1081
Total number of books completed: 3


I didn't post during the weekend, but Oh Boy! did I get some reading done. Normally, I spend Saturdays caring for my 2-year-old granddaughter, but her aunt stepped up and volunteered to keep her so that Nana could have a relaxing weekend. Of course, I dedicated the weekend to reading, but I do consider that relaxing.

I finished reading Ghost At Work on Friday afternoon, just a short while before we touched down at DFW. They had already announced that it was time to turn off all electronic devices, and that was the only paper book that I had with me, so I just browsed through the airline magazine for the rest of the flight.

Once I had my luggage in hand and was seated in the car on the way to dinner, I started reading Call the Midwife by Jennifer Worth. This was a very pleasant memoir of the author's experiences when she was training as a midwife in London in the early 1950s. In addition to the stories of mothers and babies, she shared a lot of information about the poverty-ridden conditions in which she worked in the East End around the docks. I finished this book early on Sunday evening and then started reading Murder Past Due by Miranda James on my Kindle.

Murder Past Due is a comfy, cozy mystery featuring a librarian with a cat. And it's set in Mississippi as well. At the end of the day on Sunday—and therefore at the end of the Read-A-Thon, I was 49% of the way into this book. (The Kindle tells me that I'd be on page 143 of 294 if I were reading the paperback edition.)

So, all told, I completed three books and half of another during the week-long event. The number of pages read were approximately 1081. I say “approximately” since I read most (98%) of Lie Down In Green Pastures during the Read-A-Thon, in a Kindle book that didn't have full page numbers.

Lie Down in Green Pastures by Debbie Viguie Ghost at Work by Carolyn Hart Call the Midwife by Jennifer Worth Murder Past Due by Miranda James

No comments:

Post a Comment