Wednesday, February 23, 2011

WWW...Wednesday: 23 February 2011

WWW_Wednesdays icon It's been a month since I last posted a response to MizB's WWW ... WEDNESDAY meme from her Should be Reading blog. She asks three simple questions:
1. What are you currently reading?
2. What did you recently finish reading?
3. What do you think you’ll read next?

1:  Yesterday morning, I started reading No One You Know by Michelle Richmond. When I headed to bed last night, I was just starting Chapter 10. Note that these are short chapters, and there are 40 of them in 306 pages. I expect I'll finish this book on Thursday or Friday. On my Blackberry, I'm now reading Honor Among Enemies by David Weber, the sixth novel in his Honor Harrington series of military SF. I sporadically read on my Blackberry, so I can't predict whether it will take me months and months to finish this book or whether I'll get so wrapped up in it that I finish it off quickly. And, in audio, I'm still listening to Heaven's Net is Wide by Lian Hearn. I'm now ready to start listening to disk 8 the next time I must drive myself around.

No One You Know by Michelle Richmond Honor Among Enemies by David Weber Heaven's Net is Wide by Lian Hearn

2:  There's no point in listing all the books which I have finished reading since my last WWW...Wednesday post. I keep the list of books read in 2011 up-to-date, serving as a reminder to me as well as anyone who follows this blog. These are the four books which I most recently read: Dragonhaven by Robin McKinley; The Second Wife by Elizabeth Buchan; Cruel Intent by J A Jance; and Trial By Fire by J A Jance. The first two are books which I have promised to book swappers at BookObsessed, and the other two are books #4 and #5 in Jance's mystery series starring Ali Reynolds. I'm sure I'll wind up sending them to a BookObsessor or BookCrosser, but it was quite fun to read a book just because I wanted to and not because it was owed to someone.

Dragonhaven by Robin McKinley The Second Wife by Elizabeth Buchan Cruel Intent by J A Jance Trial By Fire by J A Jance

3:  Next up most likely will be Full Dark House by Christopher Fowler or High Stakes by Erin McCarthy. Both are the first book of a series and I do have at least one other book in each series so if I'm totally entranced I can keep reading about the same characters. I'm sort of leaning toward High Stakes because I think it's going to be a lot more light-hearted and I may really need some cheering up after I finish reading No One You Know

Full Dark House by Christopher Fowler High Stakes by Erin McCarthy

1 comment:

  1. Those are some great books you've listed! I read No One You Know last year and really enjoyed it. I also have Year of Fog but haven't read it yet. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete