Saturday, January 01, 2011

Challenge Accepted: Mystery & Suspense Challenge 2011

Mystery Suspense Challenge 2011 Icon Carolyn at Book Chick City is again sponsoring her Mystery Suspense Challenge. When my reading pal, Shaunesay, over at BookObsessed posted that she had signed up, I figured I'd go look and see what the challenge was all about. I had thought I was finished selecting challenges and now just needed to start reading. But this one was tempting because Carolyn is offering prizes to the participants.

That's right—read a minimum of 12 mystery or suspense novels in 2011 and win prizes! Now, how hard could that be? Particularly since I've read more than 40 mysteries every year that I've kept track. Now I tend not to sign up for challenges where the outcome is a slam-dunk, but this challenge has Prizes!

Here are the specifics on how this challenge works:

* Timeline: 01 Jan 2011 - 31 Dec 2011
* Rules: To read TWELVE (12) mystery & suspense novels in 2011 (12 is the minimum but you can read more if you wish!)
* You don't have to select your books ahead of time, you can just add them as you go. Also if you do list them upfront you can change them, nothing is set in stone! The books you choose can crossover into other challenges you have on the go.
* You can join anytime between now and the later part of next year.

And the prizes? To start with, signing up for the challenge gets you an Advanced Readers Copy of The Survivor, a debut novel by Sean Slater, due to be published in March 2011. And then, Carolyn promised further prizes, courtesy of Simon & Schuster, throughout the year. Now I ask you—how could I possibly pass up this challenge?

If you want to join me in this challenge, just click the icon at the top of this post or over in my sidebar. I'll be looking to see what you're reading this year. You can follow my progress on my 2011 Challenge progress page.

Update @ 20:00: I've decided that since I read more than 40 mysteries for the past 6 years or more, I'm going to use Carolyn's sub-genre categories and each of the 12 books I'll count toward this challenge will come from a different sub-genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment