Sunday, December 06, 2015

Month in Review: November 2015

I had hoped to catch up a bit during November, what with the holiday weekend and all. But I wound up reading only 15 books for the 3rd month in a row. All of which means that I'm really going to have to push like crazy in December if I have any hopes of completed my goal of 200 books for the year.

I've made a bit more progress so far in December by selecting books that “read fast”. That's generally a factor of the vocabulary and writing style of the author as well as my reading mood. I feel like a teacher trying to locate “high interest” books for a reluctant reader.

I've blown out my secondary goal of 50,000 pages. At the end of November I had read 52,086 pages. I expect to finish up the year at roughly 56,000 pages, even if I don't quite make the entire 200 book objective.

Books I read:

  1. Constitution by Nick Webb
  2. Kris Longknife: Unrelenting by Mike Shepherd
  3. Sonoma Rose by Jennifer Chiaverini
  4. Harmony by C. F. Bentley
  5. Warren the 13th and the All-Seeing Eye by Tania del Rio
  6. Eternity in Death by J. D. Robb
  7. The Giving Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini
  8. Enigma by C. F. Bentley
  9. The Summer of the Danes by Ellis Peters
  10. Ritual in Death by J. D. Robb
  11. Taken in Death by J. D. Robb
  12. Possession in Death by J. D. Robb
  13. Tricky Twenty-Two by Janet Evanovich
  14. This Gulf of Time and Stars by Julie Czerneda
  15. Manners & Mutiny by Gail Carriger

Favorite Books of November:

Book Cover: Harmony by C. F. Bentley Book Cover: The Giving Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini Book Cover: This Gulf of Time and Stars by Julie Czerneda

Harmony by C. F. Bentley
The Giving Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini
This Gulf of Time and Stars by Julie Czerneda

 

Year-to-date Stats:

Total books read: 177 (88% of goal)
Total pages read: 42,674 (104% of goal)

Format:
eBooks: 39
audiobooks: 14
DTB: 24

By genre:
Adventure: 4
Fantasy: 20
Historical Fiction: 2
Mainstream: 19
Mystery: 76
Non-Fiction: 3
PUF: 15
Romance: 4
SciFi: 35

Library books: 89 (+ 8 KLL)

Progress toward series challenge: 34 of 36 books

Eclectic Reader Challenge: 10 of 12 books/categories

*Kathryn over at The Book Date has created a Month In Review meme for those who put together these monthly posts. I'm linking my post up this month. Thanks Kathryn for putting this meme together!!!

Thanks to Mary Ann at ScrappyStickyInkyMess for the calendar graphic used in this post. Check her blog for other freebies.

Disclosure: This post contains links to an affiliate program, for which the BookObsessed online community will receive a few cents if you make purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment