Thursday, September 27, 2012

BTT: Carry-ons

Booking Through Thursday logoIt's Thursday and Deb has posted another Booking Through Thursday prompt. This week, bloggers are asked:

Do you bring the book(s) you’re reading with you when you go out? How? Physically, or in an e-reader of some kind? Have your habits in this regard changed?

What? Of course I do. I find it hard to believe that there are readers who don't take a book when them wherever they go. I've come to accept that there are some people who just aren't readers, and I wouldn't expect that they'd take a book when they go out.

Now the remainder of the question is interesting. “How?” Any form available. Each time I leave the house I take a conventional books or my Kindle—sometimes both. It depends on which book I'm actively reading at the time. I also have one book loaded onto my cell phone so that I simply cannot be caught without something to read. When I'm the driver, I have an audiobook on CD in the car stereo. When hubby is driving, I've likely got my nose into a paperback or my Kindle. (There are currently 1685 books loaded onto my Kindle.)

Books for the road trip One special case of “when you go out” is the road trip. We typically take at least 3 road trips a year and I prepare a small box of books which I place into the car. As we travel, I can choose my next read from the box or from my Kindle. This photo is of the book box from our most recent road trip in August as we drove from Anaheim to home in Texas. Most of the time when the car was in motion, I was reading. Since my vacation took placed during the Summer Wrap-up Read-a-Thon and Bout of Books 5.0, I completed seven books from the box along with three books from my Kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment