Sunday, September 19, 2010

Countdown to Dewey's Read-a-Thon

Dewey's Read-a-Thon Button October will be here very soon and with it the next semi-annual Dewey's Read-a-Thon. I plan to join hundreds of reading bloggers (or is it blogging readers?) on October 9 as we dedicate 24 hours to reading, blogging, blogging about books, reading blogs about books, and cheering each other on. I plan to participate as a reader as I did in April 2010 and October 2009.

I intend to stay awake for the full 24 hours. (In April I got too cozy under a blanket in an overstuffed chair and fell asleep for a little bit over an hour ... I plan to avoid that mistake this time!) And I hope to be reading for at least 45 minutes of each hour. The other 15 minutes will be spent in updating my blog and visiting the blogs of others who are participating in the Read-a-Thon.

I'm also planning on getting more organized before the event begins. I'm going to set up a posting template to make it easy to update my status here on the Reading in Texas blog. And, I'm going to pick out at least four high-interest books that should keep me engaged and motivated throughout the 24 hours of the Read-a-Thon. At least one of these books will be young-adult fiction which should make it a fast read as well as one that will keep my attention.

If you follow my blog, check in here each week to see how my Read-a-Thon plans are progressing. Sorry it's been so long since any updates have been made to this site—I sometimes find that everyday life sometimes distracts me from blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment