Sunday, September 19, 2010

Twenty-Ten Challenge Update

It's been much too long since I last posted my progress in Bart's Twenty-ten Challenge. Since May 8, I've read 50 books, but very few of them fall into the categories of the Twenty-ten Challenge. By my calculations, I've read 9 of the 20 books which make up this challenge. The first 7 were reported in May 8th's post. Additions to the challenge status are:

Hell Fire by Ann Aguirre Hell Fire by Ann Aguirre, which I'm counting in the New in 2010 category. Published in April 2010, I placed my order for it at the same time that I ordered Mage in Black, the other book in this category and Amazon shipped it as soon as the publication date was reached. Hell Fire is the second book in the paranormal series starring Corrine Solomon. Returning to her home town in Georgia, Corrine is determined to find out exactly what happened the night her mother was murdered. Full of conspiracy and mystery, this was an excellent addition to the genre and I'm looking forward to Aguirre's next book in this series.

Enchanted, Inc. by Shanna Swendson The other book which will help me meet this challenge is Enchanted, Inc. by Shanna Swendson, which I'm counting in the Who Are You Again? category. This is by an author that I had not heard of until I saw the book on Nicole's wishlist. This book offers a bit of a twist on the whole paranormal genre. Katie Chandler is immune to magic and enchantment, making her a valuable employee at MSI, a company which markets spells and magic. Stir in a little bit of mystery, a little bit of magic, a little bit of romance, and a large dollop of humor and you've got a pretty good beginning to a new series. Thank goodness there are at least three sequels available, because this is one series that I will want to continue reading.

The Categories

  1. Young Adult
    1. What was Lost by Catherine O'Flynn
    2. The Great Good Thing by Roderick Townley
    Category completed. See May 8th's post for short reviews of these two books.
  2. T.B.R.
    1. She's No Faerie Princess by Christine Warren
    2. Mystery Loves Company by Kate Morgan
    Category completed, and I posted a quick description of each of these books on May 8th.
  3. Shiny & New
    1. Swimming Without a Net by MaryJanice Davidson
    2. Vampire Sunrise by Carole Nelson Douglas
    Another category completed and some information about the books posted in the May 8th post.
  4. Bad Bloggers***
  5. Charity
  6. New in 2010
    1. The Mage in Black by Jaye Wells
    2. Hell Fire by Ann Aguirre
    This category is now completed. I reviewed The Mage in Black in May 8th's post and my review of Hell Fire is just above.
  7. Older Than You
    So far, I've not read any books that were published before I was born, though I've read ten books that were set in a time period before my birth. I still need to decide which two books I will read to meet this category.
  8. Win! Win!
    I still plan to read two books by Anthony Trollope for this category.
  9. Who Are You Again?
    1. Enchanted, Inc. Shanna Swendson
    See my review earlier in this post.
  10. Up to You!
    I will read two memoirs to satisfy this category

No comments:

Post a Comment