Sunday, June 13, 2010

In My Mailbox: 13 June 2010

Mailbox It's been a month since I wrote an In My Mailbox post. In that time, I have certainly received a number of books through both swaps and purchases. And that doesn't count the electronic books I've downloaded onto my Kindle, Sony Reader, or BeBook.

This week has brought a bonanza of books into the household. I was away most of the week, so when I walked into the house about 11pm on Thursday night, there on my kitchen table were two big boxes and four envelopes full of books. I had a ball opening them on Friday morning and making journal entries at BookCrossing for each and every book. Of course the hubby starts muttering about the direction that books are flowing. He would like to see more going out and fewer coming in. (And, of course, he forgot about the big post office run we made a couple of weeks ago with 8-10 packages of books mailed to the guys at BookObsessed.

So here's what came in this week:

A box of books from LoriPed containing: Forbidden Nights with a Vampire by Kerrelyn Sparks, Swimming Without a Net by MaryJanice Davidson, Child 44 by Tom Rob Smith, Pride Mates by Jennifer Ashley, Dark of Night by Suzanne Brockmann, and The Tale of Hawthorn House by Susan Wittig Albert

The second box was from Tribefan and it contained: Grave Secret Charlaine Harris, Because Your Vampire Said So by Michelle Bardsley, and the entire Squire trilogy by Peter Telep, Squire, Squire's Blood, and Squire's Honor.

Shaunesay sent me: Wicked Weaves and Ghastly Glass by Joyce and Jim Lavene as well as Death's Daughter by Amber Benson.

Another full envelope came from Riannone in Austria. She sent The Sun Witch by Linda Winstead Jones and Your planet or mine? by Susan Grant.

BCer loveamystery sent me a swap book, The Man Who Cast Two Shadows by Carol O'Connell and a RABCK (random act of BookCrossing Kindness), Avenging Angels by Mary Stanton. Avenging Angels is particularly appreciated since she had sent me the first two books in this series about six weeks ago.

And, while the business travel tends to keep me out of the book store, I did quickly grab a copy of The Sea of Monsters, #2 in Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson and the Olympians series while I was in Target yesterday. I have a copy of #1—The Lightning Thief—on hand and I watched the movie on my flight home Thursday night. I'm ready to read more about the Olympians.

I have totally lost count of the unread books which I have available. Just suffice to say that I have many, many books to choose from when it's time to pick out a new one to read!

My new books this week:

Forbidden Nights with a Vampire by Kerrelyn Sparks Swimming without a Net by MaryJanice Davidson Child 44 by Tom Rob Smith Pride Mates by Jennifer Ashley Dark of Night by Suzanne Brockmann The Tale of Hawthorn House by Susan Wittig Albert Grave Secret by Charlaine Harris Because Your Vampire Said So by Michele Bardsley Squire by Peter Telep Squire's Blood by Peter Telep Squire's Honor by Peter Telep Wicked Weaves by Joyce and Jim Lavene Ghastly Glass by Joyce and Jim Lavene Death's Daughter by Amber Benson The Sun Witch by Linda Winstead Jones Your Planet or Mine? by Susan Grant The Man Who Cast Two Shadows by Carol O'Connell Avenging Angels by Mary Stanton The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

4 comments:

  1. wonder what the squire series is about. looks interesting. enjoy your reads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your book selections! I am a big Broken Heart fan! Michele Bardsley is an amazing author. I see of few of your that I would love to read!=) Enjoy them all!

    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait a sec, you have a Kindle, Sony Reader and BeBook? I am so jealous. I have a Kindle and I love it but I am lookint at the Kobo for accessing our library's e-books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked Child 44. I just finished the sequel today, and didn't like it as much. It was even more violent and less plot - although still a pretty good political intrigue.

    It's fun to come over here and not only be familiar with some of the books, but some of the people that you are blogging about. :)

    ReplyDelete