Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Mysteries!

The Ghost and Mrs. McClure by Alice Kimberly Today, I completed the fourth book read in June and the fourth mystery in June. Yes, every book I've read so far has been a mystery. Therefore, I'm going to make sure to pick another genre for the next book. Year-to-date, I've read 22 mysteries—the one genre that dominates my reading list. Well, if you were to combine the science fiction, fantasy, and paranormal books, they'd add up to 23 and be just slightly ahead of mysteries.

The Ghost and Mrs. McClure had been on my wishlist for a long time before SciFisstrs sent it to me as a Boxing Day present last December. I'm fortunate that she included two others in the series and I can read more about Pen (short for Penelope) McClure, co-owner of a mystery bookshop, and Jack Shepard, the former PI and ghost who haunts her shop.

The other mysteries read thus far in June are The Price of Silence by Kate Wilhelm, Heartsick by Chelsea Cain, and The Art Thief by Noah Charney. I posted a review of Heartsick a couple of days ago, and put a very small review of The Art Thief on Goodreads.

The Price of Silence by Kate Wilhelm HeartSick by Chelsea Cain The Art Thief by Noah Charney

No comments:

Post a Comment