Sunday, September 21, 2014

Tackle Your TBR: Wrapping up the read-a-thon

This was my first time to participate in the Tackle Your TBR read-a-thon, and it was a great experience. Thanks so much to Tressa for organizing it and actively communicating with all the participants. I was so relieved to finish two books on Friday. Mission of Honor was an awfully thick book—880 pages—and it took me much longer to finish it than I had thought. Next time I participate in the Tackle Your TBR read-a-thon, I'm going to pick shorter books so that I can tick more of them off the list! Also, since I was alone in my rental car this past week, I was able to finish listening to Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World just minutes before I returned the rental car to the Little Rock airport.

Having finished those two books, I started another book on my Kindle, A Lady of Resources, fifth in Shelley Adina's Magnificent Devices steampunk series. I read during the entire flight from Little Rock to Dallas on Friday, during supper, and even took my Kindle to bed with me. I finished the book on Saturday afternoon and then pulled out another Kindle book, Shift, that I had started last year but set aside without finishing it. And, on Saturday, when I headed down to my son's house to spend the day with my grandchildren, I tossed a CD into the player and started listening to My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares.

Overall, I'm still pleased with my participation in the read-a-thon. I read over 1200 pages in the 13 days of the event, finished three books, and visited several blogs. Tressa has announced next year's read-a-thon to run from 14-26 September. I plan to be there.

Statistics

Friday, 19 September

Number of books I've read today: 3
Number of pages I've read today: 238
Total number of pages read: 1057
Number of books completed today: 2
Total number of books completed: 2

Saturday, 20 September

Number of books I've read today: 3
Number of pages I've read today: 147
Total number of pages read: 1204
Number of books completed today: 1
Total number of books completed: 3

Completed Books

Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World by Jack Weatherford Mission of Honor by David Weber A Lady of Resources by Shelley Adina

Currently Reading

Shift by Hugh Howey My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares

2 comments:

  1. Way to go you read a huge book! I read a lot of short ones so I feel like I kinda cheated :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over 800 pages IS a long book! Good job!!! I'm glad you had a good time and I hope to see you next year!

    ReplyDelete