Saturday, September 06, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (2)

I'm back with the second edition of Stacking the Shelves post. According to the reviewers at Tynga's Reviews who host the meme:

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

As I mentioned last week, I'm on a self-imposed book buying ban. But, I ran into a bargain I really couldn't pass up. Hubby and I were on a road trip over the Labor Day weekend and stopped in at a Cracker Barrel Country Store. There, in addition to a comfy dinner, I found a close-out sale on audio books. (Cracker Barrel rents audio books—pick up at one store and drop off at another.) Hubby wasn't too excited when I bought three audio books, but given that they were only $3.00 apiece (with original prices up to $39.95), they really were a bargain.

From the two dozen or so titles available, I picked up the unabridged audio CDs for three young-adult novels. First was My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares. The others were the first two books in Alyson Noël's Immortals series: Evermore and Blue Moon.

There were no other new books this week except a passel of freebies from Amazon that I'll hang onto until the mood strikes me to read one.

My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares Evermore by Alyson Noel Blue Moon by Alyson Noel

4 comments:

  1. Nice haul! Hope you enjoy your books!

    Come and check out OUT's STS

    And dont forget to enter the giveaways! Including 3 boxes full of books!

    Leydy from OUAT

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a bargain! I've only read Evermore and Blue Moon, haven't read the rest of the series yet. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Name Is Memory looks good. Enjoy your books! Here's ours if you're interested: BiblioJunkies Happy Reading! ~Bel

    ReplyDelete