Thursday, March 05, 2015

February Wrap-up

In February, I completed 19 books which contained a total of 4421 pages. With a yearly goal of 200 books and 50,000 pages, that puts me right on schedule for the number of books, and almost 500 hundred pages ahead.

Now some statistics. Of the 19 books which I read, 17 were electronic books, and the other two were audio books. In February, I read no conventionally printed books.

One book was a fantasy novel for young adults, while eight were adventure/mystery books for mid-grade kids. I read four mystery novels, two paranormal or urban fiction books, one fantasy novel, and one romance. Two of the 19 books were advance reader copies from NetGalley.

Budget-wise, I did very well. I only bought two books selling for under $1 each, it was a net cost of $0.00 since I was spending only gift-card credit.

In progress toward challenges, I have borrowed 21 library books toward a goal of 50.

I did complete another book toward the Eclectic Reader Challenge. Longitude by Dava Sobel counts as a microhistory.

I wrote no new reviews for the 42 Science Fiction Challenge. I still need to write a review of the book I read at the end of January and I'm now reading yet another SF novel.

Progress toward all the reading challenges I have taken on this year is being recorded on my 2015 Challenges page.

Thanks to Mary Ann at Scrappystickyinkymess for the calendar graphic used in this post. Check her blog for other freebies.

No comments:

Post a Comment