Thursday, April 26, 2012

Spring Horror Read-a-Thon: After 4 days

It's the end of another day and time to tell everyone what I've been reading in the past 24 hours. When I headed to bed last night, I tucked myself in with Command Decision by Elizabeth Moon and a flashlight. The batteries went dead in the flashlight, so I moved from the bedroom to the parlor—thank goodness our hotel was one of those with only 2-room suites—and continued to read out on the couch while hubby slept undisturbed. I finished Command Decision around 2am and then returned to bed and quickly fell asleep.

At breakfast today, I resumed reading Kiss at Your Own Risk by Stephanie Rowe. After all, it's supposed to be the one required “scary” book for the Spring Horror Read-a-Thon. After we checked out of the hotel and headed eastward on US 50, I kept reading Kiss at Your Own Risk, until mid-afternoon. I'm still not enjoying this book very much, so I set it aside at page 223 and picked out another book to read.

What I selected was Infernal Affairs by Jes Battis, fourth in his Occult Special Investigators series. This was much more to my liking and I'm already 1/2 way through the book.

Since we spent the whole day on the highway, I sent several text messages to Twitter and even received some from Shaunesay and Michelle. Even with this, I was out of communication most of the day due to the sparsity of cell towers in remote Nevada. They don't call US 50 “The Loneliest Road in America” for nothing. The only thing that interfered with reading today was falling asleep with a book in my hand.

Well, it's time to pull on my jammies and crawl into bed. The flashlight has fresh batteries in it and I'm ready to read a couple of chapters of Infernal Affairs before I fall asleep. Good night, all

Read-a-Thon Stats

  • Total Books Read: 4
  • Total Books Completed: 2
  • Total Pages Read: 982
  • Books Read since last update: 3
  • Books Completed since last update: 1
  • Pages Read since last update: 353
  • What I'm currently reading: Infernal Affairs by Jes Battis

Command Decision by Elizabeth Moon Kiss at Your Own Risk by Stephanie Rowe Infernal Affairs by Jes Battis

No comments:

Post a Comment