Sunday, December 27, 2015

Sunday Summary: 27 December 2015

Good morning all. I hope your Winter holidays have been fabulous. We celebrated Christmas at my son's house. I cooked a morning brunch of sausages, biscuits, scrambled eggs, ham, and sweet rolls. After breakfast, we sat around to exchange presents. Weeks ago, my daughter asked me what I wanted for Christmas, and I told her I didn't have any particular wishes—just lots of boxes to open. So that's what I got. And every box I opened contained a wrapped gift for someone else. It quickly became a contest to guess whose present might be in my box. But I wasn't left out; my kids know my weakness for books, so I received gift cards to buy books with.

Where I've been reading

Since I had taken the entire week as vacation time, I was at home here in Texas. Well, here in Texas, but not necessarily “at home”. The two five-year-old grandchildren were out of school, so I drove down to my sons' house a couple of days to spend the day with them. It was so warm here in Texas that we went to the park with just t-shirts and jeans. Driving back and forth from my house to where my sons live gave me lots of time to listen to my current audio book, The Guilty by David Baldacci.

 

What I've been reading: Completed this week

I read a couple of short works this week. One was a book for mid-grade readers, The Wizard of Washington Square by Jane Yolen. There was also a romance that was a longish novella, Christmas with Miss Austen by Laura Briggs. The rest were high-interest books that “read fast”. I hope to complete five more books before New Year's to meet the actual goal of 200 books.

Book Cover: A Dangerous Witch by Debora Geary Book Cover: Christmas with Miss Austen by Laura Briggs Book Cover: The Wizard of Washington Square by Jane Yolen

A Dangerous Witch by Debora Geary
Christmas with Miss Austen by Laura Briggs
The Wizard of Washington Square by Jane Yolen

Book Cover: Milky Way Repo by Michael Prelee Book Cover: The Guilty by David Baldacci Book Cover: Vicky Peterwald: Target by Mike Shepherd

Milky Way Repo by Michael Prelee
The Guilty by David Baldacci
Vicky Peterwald: Target by Mike Shepherd


What I've been reading: In progress

I'm working on library books again this week. Ghosts of Christmas Past is another short romance novel by Laura Briggs. It should only take me a day to read it. And I'm also reading The Job, third book in the Fox and O'Hare series by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg. The other books in the series were fast-reading, so I expect this one to be the same. And, while I drive back and forth to my sons' house to take care of their kids, I'll be listening to Peter and the Sword of Mercy, fourth book in the Peter Pan prequels written by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson.

Book Cover: Ghosts of Christmas Past by Laura Briggs Book Cover: The Job by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg Book Cover: Peter and the Sword of Mercy by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson

Ghosts of Christmas Past by Laura Briggs
The Job by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg
Peter and the Sword of Mercy by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson


This Week on the Blog

There's only been one post since last Sunday's summary post, but I'm working on several reviews which I hope to complete and post in the next week. I had thought I'd have more free time during this past week off of work.

 

I'm pleased to be linking up with The Sunday Post, hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer.

 

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on the blog, showcase books and things received. Share news about what is coming up on the blog for the week ahead.


Disclosure: This post contains links to an affiliate program, for which the BookObsessed online community will receive a few cents if you make purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment